Modern Interiors Baize Bridge Cloth – Made to Measure
Are you looking for a bridge cloth tailor-made for the size of your square or rectangular table? Then the bespoke Modern Interiors Baize Bridge Cloth – Made to Measure is for you. Baize is the traditional surface for cardplay and with good reason: it still has the optimum amount of friction and durability for card games. Green is the traditional colour but baize is made in a range of other strong and vibrant colours too and it’s to celebrate these newer colours that we created our Modern Interiors collection. The Modern Interiors cloths are a chic collection that are handmade with care by us in our workshop in Devizes, from top-quality British baize (95% wool). Being handmade to order, we can make a made-to-measure cloth especially for you. In a choice of four colourways, the cloth has a two-tone trim that contrasts well with the baize.
Measure Your Table
Ordering your bespoke Modern Interiors Baize Bridge Cloth – Made to Measure is very easy:
- Choose the colour of cloth you would like.
- Measure the width of your table top in centimetres and type the number into the text box. The width is the shortest side.
- Measure the length of your table top in centimetres and type the number into the second text box. The length is the longest side of a rectangle. If your table is square, type the same number into both text boxes.
- Measure from the top of the table downwards and decide how much drop you’d like your cloth to have. The drop is the amount the cloth will overhang. Type that number into the last text box. We will add this amount to all 4 sides of your cloth (so if you choose 20cm, we will add 20cm to the left side, 20cm to the right side, 20cm to the top and 20cm to the bottom of your cloth).
- When you’re happy with your choice and you’ve double-checked the measurements are correct, add the cloth to your basket and complete the order.
Bridge Cloths for Other Table Shapes
If you need a bespoke cloth for a table that isn’t square or rectangular, we can make one to fit. Please measure your table top and call us on 01380 829922 to discuss your requirements. If you prefer to email, please use our contact us form.
Baize, Not Felt
The fabric we use for all our baize cloths is top-quality British-made baize which is 95% wool and 5% nylon.
There is a lot of confusion about the difference between baize and felt. This isn’t surprising when you search online and find many suppliers describing felt as baize, or a fabric as ‘baize felt’ or ‘felt baize’. It’s important to know whether you’re buying baize or felt, because the two fabrics are very different.
Felt is a lightweight fabric made from matted fibres of either wool or a synthetic. Being matted rather than held together in a tight weave, the fibres easily fluff up or ‘pill’ if rubbed. On the other hand, baize is a strong, dense and hard-wearing fabric made from woven strands of wool. If it’s top-quality, such as the fabric we use to make our Baize Bridge Cloths, it doesn’t pill and it will look great and last for many years. There really is no comparison between felt and the far superior baize. You can purchase a Baize Bridge Cloth from us with complete assurance that you are buying a top-quality item.
Want to know more?
Read our blog post Baize or Felt? A Guide to Buying Wisely.
Review our Made to Measure Modern Interiors Baize Bridge Cloth
We always love to hear from our customers and leaving a review is quick and easy.
If you have a customer account with us simply login to your account and click on the “My Orders” button and choose the product you’d like to review. Once on the product page click on the “Reviews” tab half way down the page and leave your review.
beize, baise, braise, beise, bias, bais, blakc, blak, burgandy, cloth, clothe, cloths, clothes, bridgecloth, bridgecloths, bridgeclothe, bridgeclothes, card-tablecloth, card-tablecloths, cardtable