The Mysterious Multi: How to Play It, How to Play Against It is a first comprehensive look at Multi ideas as they are used today. The book covers the following:
- Multi 2D – as a weak two in the majors and more
- Response structures to different versions of the
- Multi, both simple and complex
- Alternative uses for other two-bids, including:
- Muiderberg 2H and 2S
- 2NT opening showing minors
- 2H weak with both majors
- Three-suited 2H openings
- The Multi Landy (Woolsey) defense to 1NT
- Multi 2D used as a response to a minor-suit opening
- The best defenses to a Multi 2D opening
- The final chapter, entitled ‘The Multi in Action’, consists of a wealth of examples from top-level play.
The book contains new uses for all your opening two-bids – and more! The Multi principle – the idea that one can encompass a variety of different meanings – has a well-established history. In the modern game, its most popular applications are the Multi Two Diamonds opening, and the Multi Landy (Woolsey) defense to an opening 1NT. If you adopt the Multi, you have now opened up interesting alternative uses for as many as three other two-level openings.
Paperback, Intermediate/Advanced, 208 pages.