The Modern Losing Trick Count – Bidding to Win at Bridge by Ron Klinger covers that cornerstone to bidding skill: accurate valuation of your cards.
Most players feel they have done all they need to as soon as they have counted their high card points. No wonder their results are so haphazard when they miss out on one of the great challenges of the game. Do you want to be able to:
- Bid games easily and confidently with no more than 20 points?
- Find slams quickly and efficiently with 26 points and even less?
- Reach grand slams on 30 points and less without the slightest trepidation?
- Stop conveniently at a low level when despite an apparently high point count you can assess simply that the values for game or slam are not present?
- Locate without difficulty those sacrifices which cost you little compared with their contract and avoid those sacrifices which are too expensive?
The superior valuation technique outlined in The Modern Losing Trick Count – Bidding to Win can be used in conjunction with your present methods and any bidding system. Furthermore you will be able to use it even if your partner has never heard of it!
The Modern Losing Trick Count – Bidding to Win will immediately enhance your chances of winning whether it is social Rubber Bridge or world class competition.
Ron Klinger is not only an international player, a winner of many prestigious Bridge championships and a well-known leading bridge journalist. He is also a Master of Laws, with First Class Honours, and has years of experience in teaching Bridge at all levels. He brings to his books the sharpness of a trained legal mind, together with the authority of a Grand Master and the understanding of a top teacher.