Penhallow’s Luxury Interiors Cloth – Made to Measure
Are you looking for a Merino wool cloth tailor-made for the size of your square or rectangular table? Then our bespoke Penhallow’s Luxury Interiors Cloth – Made to Measure is for you.
The Penhallow’s Collection is a beautiful, modern range of Merino wool table cloths, perfect for luxury interiors. Specifically we’ve used extra special British baize that’s 95% Merino wool, which is vibrant and hard-wearing, giving you years of use. Also every cloth is handmade to order in our workshop in the heart of the English countryside. Inspired by the light and colours of coastal Cornwall, we’ve paired ribbons and velvets to shimmer and reflect the light. Choose from 8 gorgeous colourways.
Measure Your Table
Ordering your made to measure Penhallow’s Luxury Interiors Cloth is very easy:
- Choose the colour of cloth you would like.
- Measure the width of your table top in centimetres and type the number into the text box. The width is the shortest side.
- Measure the length of your table top in centimetres and type the number into the second text box. The length is the longest side of a rectangle. If your table is square, type the same number into both text boxes.
- Measure from the top of the table downwards and decide how much drop you’d like your cloth to have. The drop is the amount the cloth will overhang. Type that number into the last text box. We will add this amount to all 4 sides of your cloth (so if you choose 20cm, we will add 20cm to the left side, 20cm to the right side, 20cm to the top and 20cm to the bottom of your cloth).
- When you’re happy with your choice and you’ve double-checked the measurements are correct, add the cloth to your basket and complete the order.
Bridge Cloths for Other Table Shapes
If you need a bespoke cloth for a table or desk that isn’t square or rectangular, we can make one to fit. Please measure your table top and call us on 01380 829922 to discuss your requirements. If you prefer to email, please use our contact us form.
Baize, Not Felt
The Penhallow’s Luxury Interiors Cloth is made from a special British baize which is 95% Merino wool and 5% nylon.
There is a lot of confusion about the difference between baize and felt. This isn’t surprising when you search online and find many suppliers describing felt as baize, or a fabric as ‘baize felt’ or ‘felt baize’. It’s important to know whether you’re buying baize or felt, because the two fabrics are very different.
Felt is a lightweight fabric made from matted fibres of either wool or a synthetic. Being matted rather than held together in a tight weave, the fibres easily fluff up or ‘pill’ if rubbed. On the other hand, baize is a strong, dense and hard-wearing fabric made from woven strands of wool. If it’s top-quality, such as the fabric we use to make our Baize Bridge Cloths, it doesn’t pill and it will look great and last for many years. There really is no comparison between felt and the far superior baize. You can purchase a Baize Bridge Cloth from us with complete assurance that you are buying a top-quality item.
Want to know more?
Read our blog post Baize or Felt? A Guide to Buying Wisely.
Review our Made to Measure Penhallow’s Baize Bridge Cloth
We always love to hear from our customers and leaving a review is quick and easy, just click on the reviews tab above!
beize, baise, braise, beise, bias, bais, cloth, clothe, cloths, clothes, bridgecloth, bridgecloths, bridgeclothe, bridgeclothes, card-tablecloth, card-tablecloths, cardtable